3rd Place: 2014 World AeroPress Championship
Water: 270g Spa Blue mineral water @ 82°C / 76°C
- Pick out all coffee beans that are pale, too big, too small or ear-shaped.
- Grind coffee at "8" on a Malkoenig EK43
- Tip ground coffee into a Sowden Softbrew filter
- Bang and shake the filter to get rid of the super-fines (You can also lose some of the chaff this way)
- Add around 40g of water at 82°C, being sure to wet all the grounds evenly
- Allow to bloom for 30 seconds - shake lightly there are dry spots
- Add 230g of water at 76°C in an extremely slow pour: it should take 60 seconds
- Press down gently for 30 seconds
- Leave about 50g of slurry in the AeroPress
** Extra Rimini beach version: plunge in a superchilled container, on ice if possible.
Total brew time - 2:00